Acoustic guitar price vs sound?

• This post refers to acoustic guitars since that's what I'm playing.

Is there a linear or specific jump in quality between guitar price and sound as both go up. I know expensive guitars usually provide a better sound but when you would put it in graph, would it be a linear line or have specific jumps between price segments?

I started out with a $70 dollar guitar which was fine for the basics. I then bought and still have an way better sounding guitar which cost about $350. The jump in quality is amazing.

I was thinking about buying an even better guitar but I was wondering how much the gap in sound would be when I would buy a $600, $800 or even $1000 dollar guitar. Would this blow my mind as big as my first upgrade, would it be worth the investment?

I know trying out in guitar stores is a good way to measure the quality but I'm sure there has to be a general outline on sound quality and price.

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you can help me.

• I have 5 different acoustic guitars ranging from $100 to $1500. I'm not sure if there is any way to accurately place a quality to value ratio. However, my Fender acoustic ($900) sounds just as good as my $1500 Gibson. The main difference I'd place on it is playability. The Gibson seems to play significantly easier than all my other guitars. I'm no expert though! Hope this helps!

Looks like your connection to Acoustic guitar price vs sound? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.